Speaking of Religion ...

Monday, September 18, 2006

Greasing the squeaky Islamic wheel

Call me intolerant, call me insensitive, call me what you will, but I'm a little perplexed as to why the Muslim world starts yelling "jihad" and calling for Muslims around the world to slit the throats of "cross worshippers" every time someone says something they don't like. And you can't fall back on "We're oppressed! We're oppressed!" To me, that's a cop out. Hundreds of real Jesus-following Christians are persecuted or killed daily for their beliefs, and while they may believe they're oppressed you don't see them out burning effigies of their so-called oppressors and calling on radicals to slit people's throats. You don't see real Jesus-following Christians taking to the streets en mass calling for apologies and threatening violence when radical Muslims say :"We shall break the cross and spill the wine. ... "(Allah) will (help) Muslims to conquer Rome. ... (Allah) will enable us to slit their throats, and make their money and descendants the bounty of the mujahideen," said the statement" by an Al Qaeda-linked militant group.

www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/17/pope.islam/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/18/pope.islam.ap/index.html

This, to me, is like telling the rest of the world 'I'm going to kill you if you keep telling me I'm violent.' It's all quite suspect since we're constantly told that Islam is not a violent religion and yet violence seems to pour from real Allah-following Muslims like .... well, I have a pretty graphic example that I'm going to censor myself from using.
The point is: If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ....
The Islamic religion scares me, and it seems more and more to me that might quite possibly be the point.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Dan:
    I would say your take on the whole situation is aptly written. It goes to show how really absurd the whole thing really is. Thanks for passing your thoughts along!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home